Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Sarah Colvin Dot Com!

Today marks the one-year anniversary of sarahcolvin.com. I started the site last year with the thought of maybe generating some interest in my photography. I had no idea what this year had in store for me. I've always taken pictures, from the (very) early years with my Kodak disc, to spending hours in my high school's darkroom, to the years spent at my beloved little Photoworks..to the last few years with my trusty digital SLR by my side--it's always been a passion, always been an interest.

In the last year, I've acquired studio space in Cambridge, shot a ton of portraits, gotten PAID for my work, shot a wedding, I have two booked for this year so far and another in the works...I've gotten praise and thanks, scored an excellent gig shooting for the Boston Center for Adult Education..been published in the Boston Globe, both online as well as in the print edition...and I'll be published in The South magazine this summer. Who knows what lies ahead, but it's all exciting...and I can't wait.

Thank you to all my friends for your amazing support, thank you to my clients, thank you to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment